What is Pentecostal?
Pentecost was the second great festival of the Jewish year. A celebration of harvest when the first fruits were presented to God. Acts 2 starts “When the day of Pentecost…” Similarly, Pentecost symbolizes for the church the beginning of God’s spiritual harvest of souls in the world.
The Pentecost of Acts 2 was a dividing line between the past and the present. In the Old Testament the Spirit of the Lord would occasionally and temporarily empower certain individuals. After Pentecost, His continual presence and empowerment is now available to all people who believe.
The Pentecostal Experience – the experience of the first church in the book of Acts.
- Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38)
- Filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4)
- For every believer (Acts 2:39)
- Devoted to the Apostles’ teaching (Acts 2:42)
- Fellowship and Prayer (Acts 2:42)
What to expect at Branches
Coming to a Branches Church weekend service but wondering what to expect when you arrive? Let us tell you a little about what want you to experience.
- Be greeted warmly
- Service starts at 11:00AM
- Teaching happens during the first 30 minutes including coffee or water and a breakfast pastry
- Worship starts between 11:35AM-11:45
- Hear an engaging and easy to understand message
- Contemporary & traditional music that will touch your soul
- See people comfortable with worship and prayer
- Feel the presence and love of God
A church should be more than just a Sunday worship experience. It should be a family!